10th Avenue Warehouse and Break Bulk Receiving
9228 10th Ave South Seattle, WA 98108
Open Monday through Friday 7am to 5pm
All Small Cargo Is Received Here
- Break Bulk
- Household Goods – Less than Full Container Load only
- Automobiles – For Southeast Alaska only
- LCL – ALL Less Than Container-Load Cargo for ALL Ports
- LCL – Small package shipments via Fedex, UPS, etc. (See Instructions Below)
- FLT – Full Load Transfers to Containers – Appointment required: (206) 767-7820
Full Containers and Larger (Oversized)
Call First (206) 767-7820
- Must call for routing and delivery instructions
- Must have booking number to deliver full loads and over-sized cargo
First Avenue Receiving Terminal and Gulf Service Dock
6365 1st Avenue South Seattle, WA 98108
Open Monday through Friday 8am to 4pm
Alaskan Cargo to Northern Ports - NOT Southeast Alaska
(Valdez/Fairbanks, Cordova, Seward/Anchorage/Kenai, Kodiak, Aleutians, Dutch Harbor)
- RO-RO – Rolling stock, Boats, Machinery, Trailers, etc.
- Flatbed cargo –All flatbed cargo transferring to Samson flat-decks / platforms
- Full containers – Shipper-loaded containers not needing cargo transfer
Small Package Shipping and Labeling
UPS, FedEx and other small package or LTL Trucking Carriers can be used to deliver cargo to Samson for furtherance to you in Alaska.
It is CRITICAL to instruct the trucker / small package carrier to Deliver Attention the Consignee EXACTLY as follows AND be sure there is a shipping label on each piece/carton/pallet/etc.
Samson Tug & Barge
Attn: John Doe / Your City AK 907.555.5555
9228 10th Ave South
Seattle, WA 98108
Samson has the following rules relating to small package shipments in order to protect you as the shipper:
FedEx does not allow us to return packages after we have received them. If a FedEx package arrives that is not clearly marked, we will leave the package with FedEx so that they may return to sender.
UPS does allow us to "return to sender" after we sign for delivery. We will accept delivery of all UPS packages at time of delivery. If the packages are not clearly marked with the customer name and destination, they will be sent back to UPS at the first opportunity. When we return UPS packages to "sender", we will keep a copy of the tracking number and the date the package was returned.
How to Ship with Us
Once you have decided when you will be shipping, request a reservation or a booking, for the voyage that you want to ship on, either by calling (206) 767-7820, or by filling out our on-line Booking Request Form. Please refer to our shipping schedule for voyage dates. You will need the following information when requesting a booking: Shipper, Consignee (who the freight is being shipped to) and the Bill To Party, freight description, preferably with weight and length measurements, and the approximate delivery date and time.
If you’d like to receive a price quote before shipping, you may request a rate quote from one of our customer service representatives either by calling (206) 767-7820 or by filling out our On-line Rate Quote Request Form. Please refer to our sailing schedules for voyage dates.